Create Windows USB Installer using Ubuntu Linux tutorial. In this guide I will show you how to make a bootable MS Win via Debian and wine.
Create Windows USB Installer
- Debian based system.
- Download this app.
- Download and install the latest version of Wine your Debian distro.
- Download that Windows’s application.
- Open the command console.
- cd to the path of downloaded app e.g: cd Downloads
- Run the following command: wine application_name.exe
- Accept the terms.
- Choose Windows10 from Step1.
- Click on Browser and select the whole ISO downloaded from Microsoft Website.
- Choose your stick and make sure to be formatted in fat or ntfs format to get recognized by wine too.
- Click on Create once finish from configurations.
- Click Yes as answer to proceed with formatting the drive.
- You’ll get some “errors” while copying setup files, it’s normal since you are under Linux ambient.
- Once copying done you can check the bootable driver if boot or not, for me it’s working flawless (tested personally).